Enstilar® is generally well tolerated1,2
A pooled analysis of three randomised controlled trials in 1,104 patients demonstrated a positive benefit–risk profile for Enstilar®:1
- Enstilar® was generally well tolerated in adult patients with plaque psoriasis over a 4-week treatment course
- No clinically relevant changes were observed in albumin-corrected serum calcium and spot urinary calcium: creatinine ratio during Enstilar® treatment for 4 weeks
- The authors concluded that Enstilar® provides superior efficacy compared with calcipotriol betamethasone ointment and its individual active ingredients, while maintaining a favourable tolerability profile
The risk of hypercalcaemia is low when the maximum daily dose (15g) of calcipotriol is not exceeded2
- Menter A et al. Poster presented at the 16th Annual Las Vegas Dermatology Seminar, Las Vegas, USA 5–7 November 2015.
- Enstilar® SPC, UK www.medicines.org.uk / IE www.medicines.ie. Last Accessed: August 2018.